Hapco Aluminum poles
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] on behalf
of Michel Blangy [mblangy(--nospam--at)satco-inc.com] Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013
12:38 PM To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Modulus of Elasticity for Aluminum

Somehow it was engrained in my head that the modulus for Aluminum is
approximately 10 Mpsi, or 1/3 that of steel. Today I came across a batch of
extruded 6000 series aluminum that is almost 20. The mill certs say
everything is hunky dory. My shop guys beg to differ. We typically spec
this type of material to ASTM B221. What gives? Perhaps I've been a bit
naive...

Michel Blangy, P.E.
Hermosa Beach, CA

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for
the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should
not read, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those
of the   company. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make
sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email
 or attachments.