Vessel or Stack Foundation - Shallow Bedrock

Has anyone here got experience with a foundation for a tall vessel or stack
 e.g (standalone, not guyed) in a condition where there is fairly shallow
bedrock?

I'm looking at the possibility of such a thing. Typically I use deep pier
or pile foundation, but In this case there is assumed to be bedrock at 8 to
 10 feet depth below ground.

I assume I could then use a "chunk" foundation bearing directly on the rock
 in such a case, recognizing I might need a spread there to deal with the
overturning.

In that case what do I need the geotechnical to tell me?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

5