Pinned Base Plate or Fixed

have 10 story steel building to design which is Braced frame in one
direction and IMRF in other. I assumed pinned column support in braced
frames and fixed support in IMRF for having better energy dissipation
during earthquake and using appropriate modification factor. The problem
initiated when I wanted to design fixed base plates of corner columns for
big resultant moments from analysis. What if I release moment at column
supports in both directions? Does it have any contradiction with the IMRF
design philosophy?

Regards,

Behnam