Re: Pinned Base Plate or Fixed

There should be no such contradiction, however, the real and the model are
separate.  You will need to follow up in field for your design at the
finish.

---- On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 02:24:37 -0700 Behnam Heydari
<behnamheydari_80(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote ----

have 10 story steel building to design which is Braced frame in one
direction and IMRF in other. I assumed pinned column support in braced
frames and fixed support in IMRF for having better energy dissipation
during earthquake and using appropriate modification factor. The problem
initiated when I wanted to design fixed base plates of corner columns for
big resultant moments from analysis. What if I release moment at column
supports in both directions? Does it have any contradiction with the IMRF
design philosophy?

Regards,

Behnam