RE: Pinned Base Plate or Fixed

Behnam,

In any structure, the real performance and modeled performance will be
different.  If you follow the code for the design of the IMRF or SMRF, the
performance in the nonlinear state will be adequate.  If this is of
concern, you may want to consider performing a pushover analysis with the
pin and the fixed condition.  This should alleviate your concerns by
demonstrating the nonlinear performance.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> From: behnamheydari_80(--nospam--at)hotmail.com
> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:56:18 +0430
> Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Pinned Base Plate or Fixed
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> Dear Friends,
>
> My concern is about structural behavior, when I consider pinned column
> support in IMRF or SMRF, may be the structure cannot behave in inelastic
> phase properly and the real response modification factor is less than 4.5
> or 8.
>
> regards,
>
> Behnam
>
> Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:33:35 -0700
> From: refugio(--nospam--at)zoho.com
> To: behnamheydari_80(--nospam--at)hotmail.com; Sanchita.Guha(--nospam--at)jacobs.com
> Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Pinned Base Plate or Fixed

Truncated 1519 characters in the previous message to save energy.