Re: Footing Tranverse Bars...Hooked???

Ricardo,
Your peer reviewer is from another age or he has forgotten his theory. Usually you have to develop anchorage in areas of high shear or high tension, e.g a beam with stirrups usually has the stirrups hooked over top compression bars as you can't develop enough anchorage in the depth of the beam. An example I have in one of my texts shows a slab cantilevering from a wall. There is insufficient wall thickness for anchorage and hence the top tension bars are hooked down into the wall. Your footing has neither tension or shear out at the edge of the footing and hence a hook will do didly squat. Hope this helps.
Gary