Re: Mechanical Equip. Support

I agree with Larry that there is no structure, other than the concrete pad.
 If Ch. 15 is applicable in the plan check engineer's eyes, which
system/structure type would apply from Table 15.4-1?  The mech'l unit is
"designed" to resist inertial loads by the manufacturer.  All we do is
design the anchorage and support of that unit.  I would argue that Ch. 13
is appropriate, and not ch. 15.  Good luck.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Polhemus, William
<wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com>wrote:

> I gotta go with the plan checker on this one (SURPRISE!)
>
> I have always considered Chapter 15 as appropriate for outside,
> roof-mounted equipment.

Truncated 740 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
David Topete, SE