RE: Mechanical Equip. Support

Larry,

The intent of the authors of Chapters 13 & 15 (I was one of them) was to
have the same answer as the equipment was moved from a building support to
a grade supported piece of equipment.  It appears that the CBC provided
some departure from the intent regarding anchor design.  I was not part of
the CBC effort and do not know the logic (or lack).

It appears, however, that this is more of a building official's
interpretation and it is often better not to fight it.  But again, it was
the intent to have the same answer.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 14:45:02 -0800
> From: lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net
> Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Mechanical Equip. Support
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> Bill,
>
> I guess you thought it was a piece of mechanical equipment as part of a
> building- it isn't - just sitting on a pad outside which is the conflict
> btween using chapter 13 and 15, (see my original emaill).
>
> Regards,
>
> Larry

Truncated 675 characters in the previous message to save energy.