RE: Vented composite decks

This has been debated.   I know of no definitive testing except for Factory
 Mutual, but the debate goes back some years ago when roofers were adhering
 roof membranes to insulating concrete decks.  They blamed adhesion
failures on the lack of venting.  The state of Florida has rules based on
vented decks being required for lightweight insulating concrete roof decks.

>From my experience, I do not buy the argument.  I never have liked adhering
 roofing to concrete on metal decks.  I prefer using the tabs mechanically
fastened into the roofing and then adhering the tabs to the roofing
membrane.  But you have to look at the roofing systems and what the
manufacturer requires, or you can void a warranty.  Look at what is
required for Factory Mutual and the roofing manufacturer.  That is the only
 thing definitive.

Here are some web sites with a bit more discussion / bias.

<http://www.mrca.org/uploads/files/technical/TR_BULLETIN_1-2011.pdf>

Regards,
Harold Sprague