Minimum Nail Spacing

Would anyone know of any reference to how close nails are allowed to be?  I
 have a situation where a framer spaced the nails so close that the heads
are physically touching one another.  These nails are part a shearwall but
I am not sure why they put the nails so close, the plans called for 2" oc
nailing around the edge.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you,