-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Chuck Utzman Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:23 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Minimum Nail Spacing

The plans should have specified staggering the nails into rows .5" apart.
At this point the damaged studs & plywood will split along your nailing.
If there is enough room left on the studs & sills for proper nailing you
could possibly renail--but seriously doubt it. I think you will have to
tear it all out & start over. Chuck Utzman, PE

On 11/26/2013 8:42 AM, Andrew Kester wrote:
> Nail heads are almost touching? I don't care what a table says, I
> would make them rip that out. I would not trust splitting of the 2x or
> the swiss cheese edges of the plywood...
>
> Andrew Kester, PE
> Florida
>
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Polhemus, William
> <wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com>wrote:
>
>> My fingers aren't that fat, and my phone is smarter than I.
>>
>> And therein lies the problem.

Truncated 534 characters in the previous message to save energy.