Equipment Anchorage

I am designing the support of some roof top mounted mechanical equipment,
(on an existing roof), that is supported by vibration isolators and,
therefore, I have to amplify the seismic horizontal forces by 2.5, (Table
13.6-1 of the ASCE 7-05). These amplified forces would be used for the
equipment anchorage to the platform and the platform to the roof framing.
But, I somehow remember that in checking the existing roof framing the Ap
can be reduced down to 1.0 from 2.5- it is only the connections that need
to have the Ap of 2.5 used. But, I can’t seem to find this exception
anywhere in the ASCE, (or ’10 CBC).

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer, S.E.