Re: Equipment Anchorage

Bill and David,

Don't know what ASHRAE is, and in response to David's comment, I've looked
at that footnote "a" and don't think the intent is to allow you to check
supporting members for non-amplified forces, (Ap=2.5). I just remember
doing California hospital equipment anchorage under the '95/'98 CBC,
checking/designing the support members didn't require the amplfied forces.

I think the only section of the ASCE 7-05 that might apply to not having to
 check members for the amplified force is Sec. 13.4, 2nd paragraph , (page
145), which states: "The component forces shall be those determined in
Section 13.3.1, except that modifications to Fp and Rp due to anchorage
conditions need not be considered."

Do you think this is what I am looking for to check existing framing
members supporting the equipment using the non-amplified forces??

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer, S.E.