Re: Problem Solved - Slab on Grade and the Green Code

The plan checker making that statement does not understand litigation or
the multitude of factors involved with slab moisture issues. Future
flooring failures would have to be fully investigated prior to reaching any
judgment on who is at fault, one of the contractors or the design engineers
or both.... The article I just send explains the whole moisture in SOG
problem very well.

If I were a GC on a big project I would want the slab moisture content
tested by an independent company prior to the installation of any flooring
to ensure it meets the flooring manufacturer's specs.

Andrew Kester, PE
Florida