Re: Slab on Grade and the Green Code

Should have just sent the link in the first place:
<http://www.nrmca.org/aboutconcrete/cips/28p.pdf>

Mathew- what is most common in everyday practice in the mid-Atlantic region
in your experience?

Lloyd- It has been a while and I am not near any drawings, but at least a
15 mil. And I have fought resistance from GCs, but it is about educating
the owner and architect so they understand what they are paying for. And a
GC for that matter, if he understand it reduces vapor transmission and
possible costly call-backs for flooring failures.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Lloyd Pack
<lloyd(--nospam--at)advantage-engineers.com>wrote:

> Hello Andrew,
>
> What do you specify for a vapor barrier in Florida?
> Is it an HDPE 15 mil barrier, or similar?
>
> Also I didn't see any attachment on your post. Is
> there a link that you can provide that will allow
> us to access this document another way?
>
> Thanks,
> Lloyd
>
> On 5 Dec 2013 at 12:38, Andrew Kester wrote:
>
>> I am curious as to where you fall in this discussion with your vast
>> experience Mr. Stuart?
>>
>> I have read articles that have lead me to believe this is a regional
>> practice thing, and perhaps somewhat related to differing climates and
>> water table levels?  In essence, the vapor barrier/sand/concrete

Truncated 781 characters in the previous message to save energy.