RE: Slab on Grade and the Green Code

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for posting the link to the article on "Where to place the
vapor retarder".  It was interesting to read the cases for the two
conditions.  I helped me think about weather conditions in the east
a bit more.  Where I mostly practice, we get less than 12 inches of
rain a year and it's mostly in the winter months, when concrete work
is almost non-existent due to costs to heat the base before placement
and during the curing of the concrete.

The article did leave me wondering about the best way to determine
when a slab can be placed directly on the base or native soil with
no barrier.  The flow chart gives two conditions that help somewhat, but
I would have liked Misters Suprenant and Malisch to have covered
that a little more.

Thank you,
Lloyd