Re: Slab on Grade and the Green Code

Gentlemen,

     I always shoot for concrete right over the vapor barrier. Also a
     few holes do not significantly reduce the ability of your plastic
     sheet to function as a vapor barrier (if I recal it is propotional
     to intact area). I like to refer to the following article by Joe
     Lstiburek with regard to this issue (
     ). Joe hangs out with the ASHRAE crowd (American Society of
     Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineers). His
     writing style is interesting, but he is a building science expert
     and usually has very good insight.

- Thanks
  Michael James

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013, at 01:36 PM, Lloyd Pack wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> What do you specify for a vapor barrier in Florida?
> Is it an HDPE 15 mil barrier, or similar?
>
> Also I didn't see any attachment on your post. Is
> there a link that you can provide that will allow
> us to access this document another way?
>
> Thanks,
> Lloyd
>
> On 5 Dec 2013 at 12:38, Andrew Kester wrote:
>
>> I am curious as to where you fall in this discussion with your vast
>> experience Mr. Stuart?
>>
>> I have read articles that have lead me to believe this is a regional
>> practice thing, and perhaps somewhat related to differing climates and
>> water table levels?  In essence, the vapor barrier/sand/concrete

Truncated 782 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
  Michael James
  jamesm(--nospam--at)fastmail.net