Rigid diaphragm

I am designing a rigid diaphragm for a structure in a chemical plant.  The
vertical bracings are the lateral load resisting system.  I have two floors
 with concrete slab on metal deck.  The metal deck is connected to a series
 of steel beams.  The chords are at the boundary.  Other floors are of
steel horizontal bracing and gratings.  This project is in high wind
location. As I understand that compression chord forces to be resisted by
steel beam and concrete deck.  Diaphragm shear is transferred to vertical
elements (in my case the vertical bracings) by collectors and by shear
friction between the diaphragm and the bracings.

Here are my questions.

1.       Are my understandings correct?

2.      If so, don't I need to check the connection of the chord beams to
columns for these chord forces?

3.      Don't I need to check the connection between the collector and
bracing for diaphragm shear ?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanchita Guha

information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.