Mobile 908-309-8657

From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Lloyd Pack Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 1:53 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Slab on Grade and the Green Code

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for posting the link to the article on "Where to place the vapor
retarder".  It was interesting to read the cases for the two conditions.  I
 helped me think about weather conditions in the east a bit more.  Where I
mostly practice, we get less than 12 inches of rain a year and it's mostly
in the winter months, when concrete work is almost non-existent due to
costs to heat the base before placement and during the curing of the
concrete.

The article did leave me wondering about the best way to determine when a
slab can be placed directly on the base or native soil with no barrier.
The flow chart gives two conditions that help somewhat, but I would have
liked Misters Suprenant and Malisch to have covered that a little more.

Thank you,
Lloyd