Re: Slab on Grade and the Green Code

Hello Chuck & Board,

Thank you for all of your responses.  I realize that Oshin started
this thread, but I appreciate all of the great input and links to
articles on this subject.  I have learned much.

My approach was from information gleaned from old concrete
installers, who preferred the sand.  When I asked about why it's
there, they tried to answer me with what must have made sense
to them.  I have learned today, that there is a better approach to
determining when and where to use a vapor barrier.

Thank you,
Lloyd