 From: Lloyd Pack <lloyd(--nospam--at)advantage-engineers.com>
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Slab on Grade and the Green Code

Hello Chuck & Board,

Thank you for all of your responses.  I realize that Oshin started
this thread, but I appreciate all of the great input and links to
articles on this subject.  I have learned much.

My approach was from information gleaned from old concrete
installers, who preferred the sand.  When I asked about why it's
there, they tried to answer me with what must have made sense
to them.  I have learned today, that there is a better approach to
determining when and where to use a vapor barrier.

Thank you,
Lloyd

On 5 Dec 2013 at 13:35, Chuck Utzman wrote:

> I just got back from a job site. I took a look at some 6 mil visquene
> that was removed during some demo work. It looked like one of
> grandma's lace curtains. The sand hides the punctures, but can't

Truncated 426 characters in the previous message to save energy.