Re: Slab on Grade and the Green Code

I agree on the watching of the list server - kinda like a Christmas present.

Neil

On 12/5/2013 1:35 PM, Chuck Utzman wrote:
I just got back from a job site. I took a look at some 6 mil visquene that was removed during some demo work. It looked like one of grandma's lace curtains. The sand hides the punctures, but can't prevent them in a crummy 6 mil vapor barrier. Also, the workers walk around on the rebar & embed the dobbies & rebar into the sand. If the concrete is pumped it can move the sand into contact with the rebar. The ASTM piece goes into this at length & it's partially discussed in some of the articles in this thread.
Chuck Utzman,PE
ps It's nice to see that there are still some of us still watching the list server