RE: Redistribution of Moments in grid Floor

I second that. However, if you are vetting some one else's design, and that
 person has the responsibility, you should not enforce your judgment. If
you want to be very particular about it, check crack control/deflection at
service level and if that passes, leave it alone.

Syed A Masroor
Cons Str Engr
Karachi, Pakistan

> From: wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:07:16 +0000
> Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Redistribution of Moments in grid Floor
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> I don't recall what your role is here, but if you have ultimate (no pun
> intended) responsibility for approval of the design and it doesn't make
> sense to you then have them neglect redistribution.
>
> Engineering is equal parts art and science. If it isn't reasonable then
> don't go with it.
>
> W. L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
>
> 4
>
>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 2:36 AM, "Ashraf Manjappara"
>> <ashraf.manjappara(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your response. The ultimate negative moment is 1057kNm
>> (779.9kip.ft) and 20% redistribution means 211.4kNm (155.9kip.ft) is

Truncated 941 characters in the previous message to save energy.