Re: Redistribution of Moments in grid Floor

Thanks for your advice. Responsibility is there when I approve the design.
But as Syed said I am asking them to check crack control/deflection at
service load condition.
regards
Ashraf

On 12 December 2013 12:49, Syed Abulkhair Masroor <
abulkhir_masroor(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:

> I second that. However, if you are vetting some one else's design, and
> that person has the responsibility, you should not enforce your judgment.
> If you want to be very particular about it, check crack
> control/deflection at service level and if that passes, leave it alone.
>
> Syed A Masroor
> Cons Str Engr
> Karachi, Pakistan
>
>> From: wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com
>> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:07:16 +0000
>> Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Redistribution of Moments in grid Floor
>> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>>
>> I don't recall what your role is here, but if you have ultimate (no pun
>> intended) responsibility for approval of the design and it doesn't make
>> sense to you then have them neglect redistribution.
>>
>> Engineering is equal parts art and science. If it isn't reasonable then
>> don't go with it.

Truncated 353 characters in the previous message to save energy.

<