Re: Geopier(R) / Rammed Aggregate Pier(R)

Stone columns are pretty popular here in Florida to improve loose near
surface sandy soils (upper 10-15 feet or so). Then you place a conventional
foundation system over top of them but with a much higher allowable bearing
pressure, so you can save quite a bit of footing cost.