Re: Geopier(R) / Rammed Aggregate Pier(R)

These foundations are called Geopiers. I have seen some examples of them around the Sacramento area. Note that you should tie all of the piers together with a rigid foundation to minimize differential settlement.

A respected local firm: http://www.farrellinc.com/. I have used them on some preliminary designs and review.

Neil