Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Geopier(R) / Rammed Aggregate Pier(R)

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
In florida I don't think they tie together pad footings woth stone columns.
But we don't have seismic...
On Dec 13, 2013 7:22 PM, "nma" <nma(--nospam--at)> wrote:

> These foundations are called Geopiers.  I have seen some examples of them
> around the Sacramento area.  Note that you should tie all of the piers
> together with a rigid foundation to minimize differential settlement.
> A respected local firm:  I have used them on
> some preliminary designs and review.
> Neil
> On 12/13/2013 4:05 PM, Andrew Kester wrote:
>> Joseph,
>> It is a bit of a misnomer, maybe aggregate or stone piles would be
>> better? You are basically just improving the in-situ soil bearing 
>> capacity with loose sandy soils or organics. Then use a conventional 
>> foundation system. At least in my experience in florida...
>> On Dec 13, 2013 5:43 PM, "Joseph Grill"<jrgrill55(--nospam--at)>  wrote:
>> Does the conventional foundation span between the columns? I don't
>>> understand

Truncated 534 characters in the previous message to save energy.

Post your message to the list by sending it to: 

The email messages sent to the list will be saved in an archive on the World Wide Web.
These archives are located at:

To contact the list owner, send your message to:

Sponsored By: Pacific Structural & Forensic Engineers Group, Inc. (PSFEG)

To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your email address, click here.