Re: Geopier(R) / Rammed Aggregate Pier(R)

The latest ones that I reviewed is a a steel framed building had a number of cracks in the stucco walls, had a number of stone columns all connected with rigid concrete grade beams. Somehow during the planning or even after the construction started part of the building was extended, additional geopiers were installed - but the rigid grade beams were not included. This area is where we saw the differential settlement. Actually how much stiffness one had in the foundation system might be determined by the geotechnical engineer.

This is lesson learned the hard way by somebody.

Neil