Re: Geopier(R) / Rammed Aggregate Pier(R)

We have used them on numerous projects with success
They are generally termed soil improvement for the reasons stated by
Andrew. They are not treated as piles. Typical spread footing design with
higher allowable pressure It is proprietary and a delegated design. We have
 found the Geopier rep for Wisconsin (and beyond)to be helpful and honest
about potential value to a project Best of luck

Brad Hughes
(remote)

On Dec 13, 2013, at 7:41 PM, Andrew Kester <akester74(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:

> Neil,
> Sounds like a classic case of mixing and matching foundation types.
> Interesting how stiffness compatiblity is a factor on everything from
> foundations, to floor beams, to shear walls and lateral frames...  Anyone
> see Prometheus? I liked the tip of the cap to "the engineers"...
>
> Btw, Hayward baker's website has some good info on the subject.
>
> Have a nice weekend everyone.
>
> Andrew
>
> On Friday, December 13, 2013, nma wrote:
>
>> The latest ones that I reviewed is a a steel framed building had a
>> number of cracks in the stucco walls, had a number of  stone columns all
>> connected with rigid concrete grade beams.  Somehow during the planning
>> or even after the construction started part of the building was
>> extended, additional geopiers were installed - but the rigid grade beams
>> were not included. This area is where we saw the differential

Truncated 516 characters in the previous message to save energy.