Re: "For Your Safety and Security"

Bill,
I agree with you on this.
Gary

On 12/17/2013 2:17 PM, Polhemus, William wrote:
Yeah, I know we're supposed to avoid "political discussions" but I hope
you'll take this in the spirit in which it's offered, because it's
certainly not a partisan issue at all.

I don't know what's going on now with this ever-increasing vigilance over
the citizenry in the United States by government at all levels.

I've never lived in Europe but understand that in much of that continent
citizens (or subjects, if you will) have grown used to having cameras
everywhere, and the requirements for identification, etc., for everything. I know that in my trip to the Philippines last year I was amazed how often - and for such trivial occasions - one was expected show photo ID. And even how MUCH ID the "citizens" there are required to have for virtually everything they do that's leastwise official.

Of course there is the ongoing flap with the National SECURITY Agency
currently which has people of various political stripes concerned as to
method and motive.

With that in mind, this thing with the "criminal background check" for

Truncated 2129 characters in the previous message to save energy.