Construction/Isolation Joints for Composite Slab on Steel Beams

Having a bit of trouble deciphering what I'm reading in various sources
including ACI 302.

If I have a composite slab on steel beams (steel form deck plus stud shear
connectors), what is the proper way to "isolate" each adjacent floor slab
panel? For instance, I really don't want the negative moments over the
girder between panels in the slab. I THINK ACI 302 is recommending an
isolation joint "offset" from the centerline of the girder about four feet
or so (rule of thumb I guess).

Is this correct? How should it look? Use the "dowel basket" detail shown in
 ACI 302?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Lead Civil/Structural Engineer
CRA Engineering Group, Inc.
6320 Rothway
Suite 100
Houston, TX 77040

Phone: (713) 734-3090
Direct: (832) 485-5251
Cell: (281) 450-8426
Fax: (832)485-5213
Email: wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com
http://www.craworld.com/
[CRA since 1976 + 50best_colour]

[CRA-SMART_l-c]
This communication and any accompanying document(s) are confidential and
are intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
 recipient, please notify me at a telephone number shown above or by return
 e-mail and delete this e-mail and any copies.  You are advised that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance
upon the communication without consent is strictly prohibited. Thank you.