-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Will Haynes Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:47 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Construction/Isolation Joints for Composite
Slab on Steel Beams

For joints parallel to secondary members, ACI 302 has locating the
construction joint in the middle of the slab between beams (middle 1/3rd is
 probably sufficient) and close to a support where the joint crosses the
girder.

When parallel to a girder, it has to locate the joint off of the girder
enough to develop the girder slab flange in bending, which it states that
about 4'-0" is usually enough for this. The joint should be on the side of
the girder that will split the pour up so that the girder flange will be
part of the second pour allowing the secondary beam to deflect in the
initial pour and the girder to deflect completely before the second pour
hardens.

I don't know your slab thickness but a dowel basket plus lapping the WWF
through the joint should work, added rebar fully developed on either side
of the joint I think would work better if shear is a concern.

Will Haynes

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Polhemus, William

Truncated 844 characters in the previous message to save energy.