Re: Shear Stud Welding In The Field with Galvanized Steel

Bill,
I will email you an article, I think it is from the UK, that advises
against it. The difference with galvanized deck is the welding procedure
burns through the deck and the zinc from the deck does not contaminate the
actual weld. But if the beam is galvanized , this would contaminate the
weld.

Andrew Kester, PE