-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Harold Sprague Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 10:13 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Shear Stud Welding In The Field with
Galvanized Steel

There are ways to weld studs through galvanized steel deck.  The iron
workers for Northwest Steel Erectors did a good job for me on a recent
project.  It takes a bit of work to calibrate the guns, but it can be done.

This was a study done in 2006 for AISC:

Harold Sprague

> From: wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com
> Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 00:08:57 +0000
> Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Shear Stud Welding In The Field with
> Galvanized Steel To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> I think you nailed it, Davis. Or rather, stud-welded it.
>
> W. L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
>
> 4

Truncated 522 characters in the previous message to save energy.