House utilizing shipping containers for lateral system

Hi,

I got a request for proposal for a two story house structural design
utilizing stacked shipping containers comprizing the lateral resisting
system as well as a partial gravity supports. This is my first experience
even though I know that it has been routinely used across the country in
the last 10 years.

I am looking for examples of how to approach this as the containers have
multiple openings both longitudinally (as long as 12ft) and cutting off the
 end walls.  I imagine that the structural framing members vary depending
on the manufacturer.  In wonder what should I reasonably ask the architect
as to the information pertaining to containers (8' x 8' x 40'long). Member
size,  material properties,  wall sheet materials,  etc?  What am i
missing?

How should I go about the analysis?  I guess even with openings tesenboxes
are pretty rigid but how do I detemine their stiffness to show that plywood
 diaphragms are flexible (or not)?  Seems like a normal FEM analysis is in
order.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

The project is in CA.

Thanks,

Alexander Sasha Itsekson,  SE
Oakland,  CA