Moisture protection for deck?

I am designing a pretty large wood deck over a slope in Laguna Beach, CA. I
 am concerned about moisture intrusion for the underside of the deck. I am
planning to sheathe the bottom, but is there something I can apply over the
 sheathing which would have a good chance of sealing the deck? My first
thought was stucco, but there has to be something better/cheaper/easier. It
 will not be seen by anyone not directly under the deck.

Thank you,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers
33171 Paseo Cerveza, Suite 221
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675