-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:44 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Free Standing Walls

I am designing some free standing concrete screen walls and it appears that
 the conventional way to do so is using an R=2.0 per ASCE Table 15.4-2 for
"Inverted Pendulum Type Structures". With an Sds of 1.56, this gives me an
ASD sesimic force of about 0.56 x the wall weight. I guess I am still use
to the old UBC where a ground supported wall in Seismic Zone 4 was 0.2 x
the wall weight.

So, am I correct in using the 0.56 value, or is there somewherre else in
the code that could reduce this??

Thanks in Advance,

Larry Hauer, S.E.