-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Ricardo Gonzalez Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 9:58 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Moisture protection for deck?

Hi Bill,

Enclosing the deck from the underside would promote decay/rot unless the
framing envelop is fully insulated or properly vented.  You are likely
aware of that.  Are you using pressure treated lumber and sheathing?  Is
the deck attached to a structure or free standing?

Ricardo G. Gonzalez, P.E.

C S W | S T 2

CSW/Stuber-Stroeh Engineering Group, Inc.

45 Leveroni Court, Novato, CA  94949

Civil Engineering ∙ Structural Engineering Planning ∙ Land Surveying &
Mapping

main: 415-883-9850          fax: 415-883-9836

Truncated 1465 characters in the previous message to save energy.