Enclosing them will both hide & accelerate decay.
Why not accept that & frame with PT?
Chuck Utzman, PE

On 1/10/2014 1:23 PM, T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. wrote:
Andrew -

Can I just paint the framing with something?

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA 2607)
A L L E N   D E S I G N S
Consulting Structural Engineers
33171 Paseo Cerveza, Suite 221
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
www.AllenDesigns.com

-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Andrew Kester Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 9:05 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Moisture protection for deck?

Bill,
Is the space under the deck going to be habitable or a patio or something
used by the owners? Why is the bottom being sheathed?

Truncated 692 characters in the previous message to save energy.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com