Re: Moisture protection for deck?

I still do not understand what you are trying to accomplish by attaching
anything to the underside of the deck. Is the space below going to be used
like a patio with the deck acting like a roof? Is there a roof above the
deck?

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 8:06 AM, Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. <
design(--nospam--at)hodgsoneng.ca> wrote:

> Bill,
> With our climate (-21 deg C and freezing rain over a 10 day period
> followed by a week of temps at 0 to +6 deg C with rain) we would insist
> on PT joists at 16" o.c. However, now that I see you are installing
> concrete and stone flooring, I would prefer to go to a conc slab and beam
> system, which I have done.  I persuaded the home owner that that this
> would stand up a lot better than wood.  So far so good - 6 years.
> Gary
>

> On 1/10/2014 4:52 PM, T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. wrote:
>
>> Hi, Chuck.
>>
>> Are 4x14s available in PT?
>>
>> What does that do to the strength?
>>
>> What about 3/4" sheathing? Is that available in PT?

Truncated 434 characters in the previous message to save energy.