-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 5:06 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Moisture protection for deck?

Bill,
With our climate (-21 deg C and freezing rain over a 10 day period followed
 by a week of temps at 0 to +6 deg C with rain) we would insist on PT
joists at 16" o.c. However, now that I see you are installing concrete and
stone flooring, I would prefer to go to a conc slab and beam system, which
I have done.  I persuaded the home owner that that this would stand up a
lot better than wood.  So far so good - 6 years. Gary

On 1/10/2014 4:52 PM, T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. wrote:
> Hi, Chuck.
>
> Are 4x14s available in PT?
>
> What does that do to the strength?
>
> What about 3/4" sheathing? Is that available in PT?
>
> No tile, but concrete toping sloped to internal drains with stone
> flooring on top.

Truncated 327 characters in the previous message to save energy.