Re: Moisture protection for deck?

I kid.  I was making a vague reference to an owner potentially ripping out
the decking a few years down the line.  (Save now, spend later.)

Maybe I haven't followed the thread completely, but what type of moisture
do yo want to avoid?  If you were to sheath/stucco the underside of the
deck/decking/joists, wouldn't that space still require ventilation so that
the moisture isn't trapped?  Apologies if I am not fully seeing the
scenario.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:47 AM, T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. <
bill(--nospam--at)allendesigns.com> wrote:

> I don't know about that. It will be interesting to see how much cheaper
> the wood deck is than the concrete deck.
>
> T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA 2607)
> A L L E N   D E S I G N S
> Consulting Structural Engineers
> 33171 Paseo Cerveza, Suite 221
> San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
> www.AllenDesigns.com

Truncated 446 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
David Topete, SE