Friction Coonection for Seismic Loads

To All,

I am providing some vertical water pipe supports where we would like to use
 "Beam Clamps" to the bottom flange of an existing wide flange beam, (in a
building). Even though they are rated by "B-Line" for a maximum horizontal
force, it appears they rely on friction only and I vaguely remember
friction connections not being allowed for seismic applications.

Any thoughts, or can someone direct me to the IBC/CBC or ASCE section that
doesn't allow friction connections?

Thanks in Advance,

Larry Hauer, S.E.