Wind Load Net Pressure vs. Design Load Case

Regarding calculation of loads on "buildings of all heights" for wind:

In ASCE 7-05 you have Figures 6-6 (External Pressure Coefficients, Cp) and
6-9 (Design Wind Load Cases).

The corresponding Figures in ASCE 7-10 are 27.4-1 and 27.4-8 respectively.

(The Figures and their accompanying notes appear to me to be the same in
either version of ASCE 7 except for the Figure designation).

>From what I can tell reading both versions of the standard, the two are
supposed to work together somehow, yet the way they have the Figures drawn
almost seems that they are intended to be "either-or": EITHER you use the
pressures on the walls and roof of your building as shown in Fig.
6-6/27.4-1 OR you apply the pressures to windward and leeward surfaces ONLY
 per Fig. 6-9/27.4-8.

Has anyone managed to decipher this to your satisfaction?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Lead Civil/Structural Engineer
CRA Engineering Group, Inc.
6320 Rothway
Suite 100
Houston, TX 77040

Phone: (713) 734-3090
Direct: (832) 485-5251
Cell: (281) 450-8426
Fax: (832)485-5213
Email: wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com
http://www.craworld.com/
[CRA since 1976 + 50best_colour]

[CRA-SMART_l-c]
This communication and any accompanying document(s) are confidential and
are intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
 recipient, please notify me at a telephone number shown above or by return
 e-mail and delete this e-mail and any copies.  You are advised that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance
upon the communication without consent is strictly prohibited. Thank you.