Re: Soft-worn out

As I say, I decline to name names.

I will say that this particular vendor was not willing to do as you describe.

There is another piece of software I like to use - more of a utility - that went to that "annual maintenance" model. However, even though I had not updated it in a couple of years, when I did want to do so, they simply had me pay the reasonable annual maintenance fee plus the upgrade fee. It was a bit of a chagrin, but much more reasonable than my current experience.