Sanity Check - Steel Column Web-Stiffeners per AISC Design Guide 13

I'm staring at this passage from the Design Guide No. 13 published by AISC,
 and I think it's in error but I'm unfortunately doubtful I'm looking at it
 correct.

On page 24, there is an equation (4.3-8) dealing with "double-sided fillet
welds" for welding the stiffener to the back-side of a column flange.

If the width of the stiffener plate touching the flange is b-sub-s, and the
 plate is clipped, such that the length of the plate touching the flange
would be (b-sub-s - clip), seems to me the TOTAL LENGTH of two-sided fillet
 weld on the two stiffener plates would be 4*(b-sub-s - clip).

However, if I'm reading that equation right, he is accounting for only
2*(b-sub-s - clip).

Can anyone comment? Who's wrong, me or the author?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Lead Civil/Structural Engineer
CRA Engineering Group, Inc.
6320 Rothway
Suite 100
Houston, TX 77040

Phone: (713) 734-3090
Direct: (832) 485-5251
Cell: (281) 450-8426
Fax: (832)485-5213
Email: wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com
http://www.craworld.com/
[CRA since 1976 + 50best_colour]

[CRA-SMART_l-c]
This communication and any accompanying document(s) are confidential and
are intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
 recipient, please notify me at a telephone number shown above or by return
 e-mail and delete this e-mail and any copies.  You are advised that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance
upon the communication without consent is strictly prohibited. Thank you.