Re: HSS thin gage section properties

Hello Drew,

You will probably have to calculate these properties yourself.

If you consider the radius of curvature on the corners to be
twice the wall thickness, like the thicker HSSs, you will probably
be fairly close.  I suspect that you've got factors of safety that
far exceed any discrepancies between an assumed A, S, or I
and what an actual A, S, or I has.  It's got me intrigued, I might
play with this tonight to see how close they are.

What size members are you looking at?  2"x 2"x 14 ga?

Good Luck,
Lloyd