Re: Geotechnical in Canada

Bill,

Great link - and great source.
We always require a draft of a geotechnical report.

Thank you,

V. Steve Gordin PhD
Licensed Structural Engineer
SGE Consulting Structural Engineers
1820 E. Garry Avenue #215
Santa Ana CA 92705
949-552-5244
sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com

On Feb 6, 2014, at 10:54 AM, "Polhemus, William" <wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com>
wrote:

> This might be of some interest:
>
> <http://foundationperformance.org/projects/FPA-SC-04-0.pdf>
>
> Bear in mind the following:
>
> 1. This was developed by the Structural Committed of the Foundation
> Performance Association, a local Houston ad-hoc group made up of
> engineers and contractors involved in design, construction, forensic
> investigation and repair of foundations for lightly-loaded structures in
> the Houston area, where we deal with moderate to extremely expansive
> soils. Obviously lightly-loaded foundations (e.g. residences,
> single-level warehouse and commercial buildings) are a concern where
> expansive soils are a problem. Therefore, much of the information
> contained therein is focused on information needed from the Geotechnical
> Engineer for those purposes.
> 2. That said, I have found much of the approach of this Recommended
> Practice to be useful in drafting RFPs for geotechnical work generally. I
> think while our Geotech cousins certainly bear some responsibility where
> unclear or ambiguous report contents are concerned, very often there are

Truncated 2149 characters in the previous message to save energy.