-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Jim Getaz Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 5:33 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] HSS thin gage section properties

	Bill,
		Many years ago when I worked with HVAC installers they MIG'd strut
together for hangers and ducts to strut hangers. I don't remember the wire
size. Welds were usually a 1/8" fillet, but often had a flare bevel to fill
 the bend with a 1/8" fillet reinforcement. I only saw one instance of
blow-through in over a year of inspections. HTH, Jim Getaz Precast Concrete
 Engineer - Now