-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of nma Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 9:54 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Poll: Software

Being facetious:

I can still use my 7" circular slide rule and my 8x8 Clearprint grid
paper using 4H lead.   I can still hand sketch and paste onto a blank
title blocked sheet and maybe(?) send it out to have a Xerox erasible velum
 created.

Or I can go back to my TRS80 and print a Viscalc page or print the input
and output from my old SAP80 program which would only do 2D and 50 nodes.
Actually I think I still can do a Hardy Cross frame analysis and I've got
the old adjustment factors (if we are working in concrete) for haunches.
Remember the word processing program was actually very good - almost better
 that what I'm using now with all the little goodies that I don't want (or
know how to use).

Gee that stuff was time consuming.  Thank goodness we've got Google today
where we can just input something on a few websites and hope whatever comes
 out is accurate.  Oh well, who checks anything these days, especially the
larger firms.  The attorney will just say in court that you just put a few
numbers into the computer and something will come out and it will be ok.

Truncated 951 characters in the previous message to save energy.